Starting a Shopify dropshipping business is the best way for a beginning entrepreneur to enter the world of e-commerce. The idea behind this business model is simple. Instead of storing products yourself, you partner with a supplier who ships them directly to your customers. This way, you don’t have to pay the costs of shipping or inventory, meaning there’s practically no risk involved in running the business.
And where does the profit come from? It’s also incredibly straightforward. A customer buys something from your online store for a retail price, whereas you pay your supplier a wholesale price. The difference between these two is your profit. Sounds simple, right? Well, to make it that way, though, you need to learn the basics of dropshipping first. For this, we recommend checking out the Dropship Unlocked course.
There, you’ll find all the information you need regarding launching and running your dropshipping store. Is Dropship Unlocked legit, though? Check out the Dropship Unlocked reviews and see for yourself how their expertise can help you achieve success in the highly competitive e-commerce industry.
However, before you even start selling products via your website, you need to find your suppliers. Fortunately, when launching your business on Shopify, there are numerous resources you can use to help you acquire in-demand and high-quality products for your store. To help you find the right ones, we’ve listed the five best Shopify dropshipping apps. You’ll find them below.
Getting Started With Shopify Dropshipping
Okay, but what does Shopify have to do with dropshipping? Everything. In a nutshell, your online store has to run on an e-commerce platform, and Shopify is by far the most appealing one. Launching your dropshipping store on Shopify will grant you access to safe payment methods and tons of fantastic design tools. Additionally, the Shopify app store has thousands of useful apps and has a 14-day free trial.
Our 5 Best Shopify Dropshipping Apps
As mentioned, there are numerous dropshipping Shopify apps you can use to enhance your business. Whether it’s product sourcing, inventory management, or any other operation related to running such a business, these are our five best dropshipping apps:
AfterShip allows you to track and monitor all your shipments in one go. The app provides you with all the information on whether your shipments are being delivered on time, allowing you to notify your customers about potential delays via email or SMS. This not only helps you manage your shipments more effectively but also builds trust and improves customer experience.
And the best thing about AfterShip is that it is fully automated, meaning you do not have to worry about anything. It also integrates with all the renowned courier services, including DHL, UPS, and USPS.
- Free: 50 shipment/month, branded tracking pages, 24/7 customer support, over 800 courier integrations, seven standardized order statuses
- Essentials ($11/month): 100 shipments/month, email and SMS notifications, shipping performance analytics, CSV import and export, all free features
- Essentials Plus ($35/month): 500 shipments/month, all features available in essentials’ account
- Pro ($119/month): 2,000 shipments/month, all essentials features, dynamic tracking pages (including multilingual tracking pages)
It goes without saying that customers always look at reviews before buying any products. And the better those reviews are, the more likely a person will make the purchase. That is why you should always collect and display your star reviews about your products. Judge.me will help you with that.
The app collects product reviews and helps you manage them easily. What is more, Judge.me will also help you generate more reviews thanks to their dedicated email templates. Additionally, the app will allow you to build social proof with your customers’ generated content, improving your conversion rate in the process.
- Free: Unlimited product review requests, photos, videos, in-email reviews, SEO snippets, manual social push, review carousel themes
- Awesome ($15/month): All free features, site reviews, Q&A, coupons, custom forms, product groups, Google shopping, no branding, all reviews page, cross-shop syndication
3. Feed for Google Shopping
Google Shopping Feed is a fantastic app for any dropshipping site that wants to improve its Google Shopping Ads. The app will help you manage any additional values required by Google. It will also allow you to customise your product titles, product descriptions, and product type values to optimise the feed.
Additionally, Google Shopping Feed allows you to create promotion feeds for your products. You will also be able to filter the products by vendor, type, categories, promotions, etc.
Pricing (21-day free trial):
- $4.99/month: Up to 500 products, free variants, FB and Bing free
- $8.99/month: 501 – 1,000 products
- $13.99/month: 1,001 – 5,000 products
- $17.99/month: 5,001 – 10,000 products
Modalyst is a supplier network that connects thousands of independent brands from all around the world. What’s more, Modalyst ensures fast shipping, clear product descriptions and pricing, and no upfront inventory costs. At Modalyst, you’ll find mostly men’s and women’s apparel, but there are also many other products you can implement in your store and easily import, including backpacks, electronics, or jewellery.
- Standard Plan ($35/month; 14-day free trial): Unlimited products and orders, plus all the features mentioned above
Building a loyal customer base is essential in the e-commerce industry. It can be challenging, though, as it requires a lot of time and effort. To help you with that, we recommend using Klaviyo. It is the leading email marketing app on Shopify, with over 265 thousand stores using it to manage their email marketing strategy.
Klaviyo allows you to send personalised emails, SMS messages, or sign up forms. You can also use it to personalise product recommendations and automate your store’s abandoned cart messages or welcome series in a matter of minutes. The tool is fully automated and uses unlimited data to help you develop the appropriate strategy to attract more customers to your Shopify dropshipping store.
- Free: Up to 250 email contacts and 50 SMS contacts, email & SMS campaigns, forms and push notifications, segmentation, personalisation
- Email ($20/month): Up to 500 contacts, all free features, chat support, no contracts and lock-ins
- SMS ($5/month): Up to 150 SMS contacts, 2-way conversations, multi-channel automated flows, SMS opt-in forms
If you want to take your drop shipping experience to the next level, using the Shopify dropshipping apps mentioned above will help you achieve that. How? By taking all the inventory and shipment-related issues out of your hands. This way, you can focus on other vital aspects of running your business, such as marketing or customer service, and enhancing your sales in the process.
The great thing about these apps is that most of them come with a free plan available. Make sure to download these apps before you start dropshipping products to enhance your chances of surviving in the highly competitive environment of dropshipping online stores.